What’s Oceans in Action All About?
It’s the premier Gulf Coast regional marine technology event focusing on emerging technologies – bringing together federal, state, local, and private organizations for presentations, business-to-business/business-to-government meetings, exhibits of the latest technology, and pier-side demonstrations in association with the Advanced Naval Technology Exercise Gulf Coast and Port of Gulfport. This year, details on the programs associated with the newly awarded Gulf Coast Tech Bridge will be highlighted.
The newly added Port Security Summit, hosted by the Port of Gulfport, Mississippi, will examine key security and logistic measures needed to transport cargo as one of 17 strategic seaports in the nation, highlighting emerging technology within the maritime and port security industry. With increased traffic and cargo moving through ports each day, ports are particularly vulnerable to security threats, creating the need for a wide range of security tools from cybersecurity to physical security to defend and reduce the impact of potential threats to port operations.
- New this year: Port Security Summit and introducing the new Gulf Coast Tech Bridge
- Great pier-side demonstrations and ANTX vignettes
- Updates by local federal and state agencies on their missions and technology needs and programs
- Talks on new and developing technologies
- In-room exhibit tables
- One-on-one Business-to-Business and Business-to-Government meetings
- Break time to network
Hear from Local and Regional Agencies (Planned)
- Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command
- Naval Research Laboratory – Stennis Detachment
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Environmental Protection Agency’s Gulf of Mexico Program
- Updates on Mississippi’s Blue Economy, including:
- Ocean Enterprise Facility Construction
- Gulfport Blue Economy Innovation District
- Singing River Innovation Hub
- Newest developments at the University of Southern Mississippi’s classes and programs in ocean engineering, unmanned systems, aquaculture, and others
- State of Mississippi efforts and programs
- Additional presentations from local collaborative groups and emerging technologies